* Spot gold was little changed at $1,057 an ounce by 0028 GMT, after dropping 1.2 percent in the previous trading session. The metal was within striking distance of $1,052.46, the lowest since February 2010, reached on Friday.
* Bullion has lost about 7.5 percent of its value in November, its steepest monthly fall since June 2013.
* The precious metal has fallen out of favour as investors position themselves for the first U.S. rate hike in nearly a decade. The Federal Reserve is expected to raise rates at its next policy meeting in December.
* Investors believe gold, as a non-interest-paying asset, will take a hit to demand from higher rates as the dollar gains.
* The greenback is already trading near an eight-month high, and further strength could hurt dollar-denominated gold.
* Assets in SPDR Gold Trust, the world's top gold-backed exchange-traded fund, fell 0.14 percent to 654.80 tonnes on Friday, the lowest since September 2008.
* For trading cues this week, bullion traders would be focussed on the U.S. nonfarm payrolls report due on Friday. A strong jobs report could seal the case for a rate hike at Fed's Dec. 15-16 meeting.
* The European Central Bank policy meeting on Thursday will also be eyed for impact on the currency markets. The ECB is widely expected to ease policy.
* Elsewhere, gold miners in Australia, emboldened by a weakening currency, have been increasing production in the face of a global rout in the precious metal, figures released on Sunday showed.
Marketmagnify provide tips and advices to our clients by sms/calls/chat. We have dedicated team of analysts and we are providing reliable and valuable tips on stock, commodities. We believe in our customer satisfaction by giving them successful results.We provide high accurate Mcx Tips at very reasonable price to help small traders and investors to make decent money. Fill OUR FREE TRIAL We cover all types of services all segment.